The policy below sets out how the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) uses and protects any information that you give to us when you use this website.
IDF is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement, and Directive 95/46/EC and the Belgian Law of December 11th 1998 on Data Protection and Privacy.
WHAT WE COLLECT
IDF may collect the following information:
- Contact information including name, organisation and email address
- Demographic information such as city and country of residence, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to surveys and/or invitation to events
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
IDF requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services such as event attendance and interest in certain activities and materials on our website.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. We will periodically send promotional emails about D-NET and IDF activities and events, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- You may opt out of receiving promotional emails by sending us an email stating your wish to do so.
The information provided within this site is intended for educational and informational purposes only. IDF makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy and reliability of any content in this site. Any opinions expressed are those of the users, and do not necessarily represent the views of IDF. IDF shall not be liable for any loss or damage in connection with the use of this site.
Through this site, you may link to third-party websites, which are not under IDF’s control. The inclusion of such links does not imply a recommendation or an endorsement by IDF of any material, information, products and services advertised on third-party websites, and IDF does not assume any liability with regard to your access of such linked websites and use of any products or services advertised there.
While some information in this site is about medical issues, it is not medical advice and should not be construed as such.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” indicates material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this site, for whatever purpose.
IDF reserves the right to use and disseminate your user content in any existing or future media. IDF will acknowledge the source(s) for all user content that is used or disseminated, and will seek express consent from the data subject if the data subject is identifiable from the data used.
IDF makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy and reliability of any user content submitted on this site.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any content you submit is legal, has been lawfully obtained, does not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against you, IDF or a third party (in each case under any applicable law). You must not submit any content to this site that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
IDF reserves the right to remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on IDF's servers, or hosted or published on this website.