CONDITIONAL USE OF THIS WEBSITE
ABOUT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE
The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) administers this Site. The material provided within this Site is intended for educational and informational purposes only. It is provided with the understanding that IDF is not engaged in rendering medical service or recommendation. None of the information contained within this Site is intended to replace consultations with qualified healthcare professionals and should therefore not be relied upon to do so.
References and links contained within this Site to products, services, businesses, organizations, websites and events which are not under the control of the International Diabetes Federation (collectively, ‘Referenced Information’) should not be construed as endorsements by IDF. Referenced Information is provided for convenience of reference only and its provision is not intended as a warranty of any type regarding the Referenced Information or any information referenced at any such website.
Referenced Information within this Site is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals.
Any reviews, opinions, and recommendations contained within this site are not necessarily those of IDF or endorsed by IDF. IDF cannot be held responsible for any damages resulting from the use of any Referenced Information or the inclusion of any Referenced Information within the site.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) collects personal information about you (i.e. information which may identify you in some way, such as your name, address, age, other contact details such as telephone number, email address etc. and passwords) through this website only when you voluntarily submit it. This may occur when you:
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Request information, complete a survey or other feature of the website
- Download a resource
- Purchase a publication or merchandise item
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information as follows:
- To respond to your questions and requests, to provide you with access to certain areas and features and to communicate with you about your activities on this website.
- To share it with our Related Parties as required to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the Site (such as administration of the website or other features on it, data analysis or customer services etc.). To do so, it may be necessary for us to transmit your personal information outside the Jurisdiction below and you agree to this transfer. Further use or disclosure of the information by our Related Parties for other purposes is not permitted.
- To provide you with information from us or our Related Parties.
- At the point of collection of your information we will provide you either an "opt in" or "opt-out" mechanism depending on the requirements of the Site's Jurisdiction and the Site.
- An "opt-in" mechanism will provide you the opportunity to positively indicate that you would like or do not object to our sending you such further communications and we will not send you any unless you have "opted-in". An "opt-out" mechanism will provide you the opportunity to indicate that you do not want us to send you such further communications, and if you "opt-out" we will not send you any.
- Opting-in or opting-out will be up to you and, in addition, if you do not want us to use your personal information for a particular purpose or disclose it to a third party, you may "opt out" at any time by contacting us as provided above.
- Specific opt-outs may also be provided at the point of collection or along with the communications to you.
- Please note that by opting-out, you may not be able to participate in certain activities on the Site.
- For other purposes set out when your information is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to the particular feature of the Site.
- For disclosures required by law, regulation or court order.
- For the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings or necessary for establishing, defending or exercising legal rights.
- In an emergency to protect the health or safety of Site users or the general public or in the interests of national security.
- Except as provided herein, we will not provide any of your personal information to any third parties without your specific consent.
CHECKING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to verify, correct, access or update any of your personal information collected through this Site, contact us at the "Contact" address, telephone number or e-mail provided in the footer of this Site.
We take the protection of children's privacy seriously. We operate this Site in compliance with all applicable laws in the Jurisdiction below. Children under the age referred to below for the appropriate Jurisdiction for the Site should have a parent/guardian's consent before providing any personal information to the website.
We will not, as provided by applicable law, require or request children under this age to provide more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the applicable activity on the Site. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain their personal information without the parent/guardian's consent. Without such consent, though, the child may not be able to participate in certain activities. However, in certain circumstances, we may maintain and use such information (in accordance with the rest of this Policy and applicable law) to notify and obtain consent from the parent/guardian and for certain safety, security, liability and other purposes permitted under applicable law.
A parent/ guardian can review, remove, change or refuse further collection or use of their child's personal information by contacting us as provided above (include child's name, address and e-mail address).
Site Jurisdiction/Applicable Age: Under 13 years of age.
COLLECTION OF ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
When you connect to this Site we may use "cookie" technology and IP addresses to automatically collect certain technical non-personally identifiable information. This may include:
- Type of Internet Browser or computer
- Domain name of your Internet Service Provider
- Number of page visits and the character and duration of such visits.
We also track the number of visitors to our website in an aggregate form. Personally identifiable information is not extracted during this process.
This information helps us keep our website fresh and interesting to our visitors and tailor content to their interests. We may discloser certain non-personally identifiable information to potential partners, or other third parties, but we will not disclose any personally identifiable information, except as provided in this Policy. You may set your computer browser to disable cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you disable cookies, we may be unable to optimise your visit to our website and certain features may not be available.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use certain reasonable security measures to help protect information you send to this Site. However, we cannot guarantee the security of such information. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any Damages you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorized access, misuse or alteration of any information you submit to this website.
This Site may contain links to other web sites that we do not own or operate. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies. Downloading material from certain sites may risk infringing intellectual property rights or introducing viruses into your system.
You should note when you leave this Site and read the privacy policies and terms of these other sites. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any website which appears or claims that it is one of our sites (including those linked to through an email).
Jurisdiction: this Site is controlled and operated from Brussels, Belgium (regardless of where hosting servers are located). All matters relating to this Site are governed by the laws of the above Jurisdiction, without reference to conflict or choice of law principles. You agree that jurisdiction and venue for any legal proceeding relating to the Site shall be in appropriate courts located in the above Jurisdiction. We do not warrant or imply that the Site or materials on it are appropriate for use outside of the above Country. The information set forth in this Site concerning any products or services is applicable only in the Jurisdiction, and these products or services may not be available in all locations. If you are located outside of this Country, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
Severability: If for any reason, any provision herein is found void or unenforceable, it will be severed to the extent void or unenforceable and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Definitions/Interpretation: As used herein:
"Damages" means any and all direct, special, indirect, consequential or punitive loss or other damages of any kind (whether in contract, including fundamental breach, tort, including negligence, or otherwise).
"including" means "including, but not limited to".
"materials sent to the Site" (and "materials you send to the Site" and other like terms) means anything emailed, uploaded, posted or otherwise transmitted or sent to the Site (whether information, text, material, data or code or other) by you or another user.
"Related Parties" means all of our parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, Site Developers and other promotional partners.
"Site Developer" means any party involved in creating, producing, delivering or maintaining the Site.
"use of this Site" (and "using" and other like terms) means "any and all use of the Site of any kind whatsoever, including access to, browsing of, reviewing, posting of, transmitting, reviewing, downloading, and other using the Site or any material on the Site."
Please note, we may change information on this Site and/or this Policy, at any time without notice. You should regularly review this Policy for any changes. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy on this Site. By continuing to use the Site, you agree to any changes, and by providing continued access to the Site we are providing you consideration for agreement to such changes.
Contact Us: If you have any questions or comments regarding this Site, please contact us at the "Contact" address, telephone number or e-mail located in the footer of this site.